One of the seven wonders of the world stretches out in front of you, the guide is waxing eloquent on the monument and its history, when all of a sudden you feel the all too familiar piercing headache, the sign of an imminent migraine. An all too familiar scenario, I am sure, and one of the worst nightmares of a traveler. How to be prepared for such exigencies? It is advisable to carry a travel health kit equipped with essentials which would come in handy when required. We bring to you here a compact travel health kit that would come handy when you travel.
Travel Health Kit
Emergency First Aid Essentials
- Gauze and adhesive bandages
- Antiseptic liquids like Dettol with which you can clean wounds
- Disposable gloves
- Sachets of ORS (Oral Rehydration Salts), especially when you are traveling in hot and humid conditions
- Any antiseptic or antiburn cream
Other Essential Medicines
- Painkillers to tackle those annoying headaches and/or fevers, like Asprin, Paracetamol, etc..
- Anti Diarrhoeal medicines, never know what would disagree with your tummy
- Antacids to take care of any acidity issues you may face
- If you are travelling to the top of a mountain at a high altitude where oxygen levels are likely to fall, then it is prudent to stock some altitude sickness related medicines
- If you are prone to motion sickness, then it makes sense to pack some medicines to specifically tackle this issue
- Any other medicines that you are taking on a regular basis
Some Other Essentials
- Sunglasses to protect your eyes from the glare of the sun as well as make a fashion statement
- Headgear as required, especially if your are going to be out in the sun
- Sunscreen, to get some protection from those UV rays
- Ear plugs to shut out the cacophony when required
- Eye mask to get some beauty sleep without bright lights irritating you
- A neck pillow to get comfy in your plane or bus seat
- Hand sanitizer and hand tissues, to keep your hands germ free
Please note that this is in no way a comprehensive list, also be sure to check with your Doctor regarding the medicines that you would like to carry with you.
What else do you think would be an essential item to carry in your travel health kit?
Were the tips helpful? You may want to check out our other travel tips posts:
- Top 5 Tips for planning a perfect Family Trip (published on Huffington Post too)
- 7 Tips to Keep Oneself Fit and Healthy While Traveling